Posts for tag: preventative dentistry
Thanks to innovations in modern dentistry, just about any dental problem or concern can be effectively fixed with basic treatments. Here are some of the most common dental procedures offered at Krause Dental, a family dentistry office located in Westfield, IN.
Preventative dentistry is concerned with ensuring that you do not develop any expensive dental problems. Here are a few of the preventative procedures you might consider:
- Professional teeth cleanings.
- Dental sealants to protect the tooth enamel.
- Dental bonding to shore up a weakened tooth.
- Fillings to restore a tooth that has a cavity.
Gum disease affects as many as half of Americans according to the CDC. It can be treated at most stages with the following therapies offered at this Westfield family dentistry:
- Scaling and root planing to remove plaque and bacteria.
- Bone/gum grafting to create new healthy bone tissue.
- Tooth lengthening surgery to allow for a crown.
Restorative and Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Restorative procedures are necessary when a tooth becomes infected, damaged or becomes weak. Here are some of the most common treatments:
- Root canal therapy to remove diseased tissue from inside of a tooth.
- Crowns to cover a tooth after a root canal or for cosmetic reasons.
- Veneers cover unsightly cosmetic problems.
- Bridges to fill in spaces in the smile.
- Removable dentures to cover exposed gums and restore oral function.
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth permanently.
- Teeth whitening to bleach stains away.
When the teeth are out of position an orthodontic procedure may be necessary. Orthodontia involves repositioning and realigning the teeth for a better smile. These are your options:
- Metal or ceramic braces.
- Lingual braces (placed behind the teeth).
- Clear aligners (plastic trays that move the teeth).
Which Procedures Are Right for You?
At Krause Dental you will find out which of these procedures will help you improve your smile. Call (317) 399-9329 today for a consultation with Drs. Kenneth and Katie Krause at their Westfield, IN family dentistry office.